The importance of web development cannot be overestimated: today a website is essential in the business world. The freelancers keep up, too – a housewife in your neighbourhood who is a gardening specialist can also launch her own website to share her ideas with other enthusiasts and sell plants.
But what about web design? Users also consider it essential. The statistics show that first impressions on a website are extremely related to the design. Additionally, 50% of people will stop interacting with a website after unsatisfactory user experience. Creating a great website that users immediately fall in love with is a formidable task, but developers with the right solutions. We have prepared a list of the amazing web development tools to help you create a website.
9 Best Web Developer Tools
The sketch is one of the best tools for web design, it is well-crafted and designed with UX designers’ needs in mind. Here are just a few advantages:
- It’s extremely easy to use, thanks to the intuitive interface and is easily integrated with third-party applications like Invision, Marvel and Avocode.
- Designers can create reusable design elements, get support from the online community, and utilize their custom plugins.
- Sketch lets users preview their designs on tablets and mobile phones with a special mobile app.
- The resizing feature makes it convenient when working on projects with multiple resolutions.
- It is a nice choice for collaboration with the new Sketch for Teams beta version.
Figma is another web-based design tool with robust real-time collaboration functionality. Like Sketch, it has a variety of plugins to choose from, with excellent performance and an interface similar to Sketch’s, with the same drawing tools. Other features include:
- Version control for going back in history and looking at the previous states of the project.
- Commenting and collaboration. You can tag people in comments and integrate them with Slack. A project team can work on the same object simultaneously, seeing each other’s cursors on the screen.
- Constraints. This feature is similar to Resizing in Sketch but more intuitive.
- Team libraries. Collections can be shared and updated across projects.
InVision tool allows uses to create rich interactive prototypes relatively quickly and easily. Thanks to InVision’s drag and drop functionality, designers can drag designs directly from the source and then put them into the app. Images can also be retrieved from online storage services such as Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.
This online platform supports multiple files, including Photoshop and Sketch documents, PNGs, and GIFs. As for collaboration, team members make use of flexible spaces (aka Boards) to store their files, share them, and to discuss their ideas. Feedback can be added directly to designs in order to simplify the collaboration process.
A quick overview of the platform’s features:
- Design prototyping, sharing and presentation.
- Design feedback and commenting.
- Real-time meetings.
- Project management for designers.
- User testing and research.
Zeplin is one of the best web design tools for communication between designers and developers. By converting designs made in Sketch or Figma to a code-friendly format, Zeplin makes your project more organized and efficient. With Zeplin, you can:
.Export designs in one click using Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma and Adobe Photoshop CC plugins.
.Reuse style guides for multiple projects. No need to create new ones for every succeeding project.
GitHub is one of the most favourite website development tools and the number one code hosting solution. This is a place or “hub” where you can share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and even complete strangers if you wish. Take a look at the features which make the platform so highly appreciated:
- High availability and automation.
- Well-documented usage.
- Built-in code review.
- Issue tracker.
- Artefact hosting (private beta).
- Third-party tool integration.
- Open-source projects.
This is probably the best web design tool for precise designers who don’t want to see their work appearing differently to the way they envisioned it. Another Chrome extension helps to develop your websites with pixel-perfect accuracy. PerfectPixel allows developers to put a semi-transparent image overlay on top of the developed HTML and perform pixel-perfect comparison between them. Take a look at the core features of PerfectPixel:
- Multiple overlays support.
- Inversion and scaling support.
- Separate overlays for each website.
- Overlays are saved between browsing sessions.
- Minimalistic, easy-to-use UI.
- Drag-n’-drop file upload support.
- Paste from URL and clipboard support.
- Keyboard arrow keys and mouse wheel support.
- The extension works with file:// scheme (local files).
The Chrome Developer Tools are a series of web authoring and debugging tools within Google Chrome. DevTools offer web developers deep access to their web page’s internal browser and application. DevTools are useful for efficiently tracking design issues since Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers out there.
- Device model to simulate mobile devices.
- Elements panel to change the DOM and CSS.
- Network panel to view and debug network activity.
- Performance panel to improve load and runtime performance.
- Application panel to inspect all resources that are loaded.
- Security panel to debug mixed content issues, certificate problems, and more.
Axosoft is Scrum software for development teams. An excellent and agile project management software solution that can be used to track bugs. It has a wide range of tools that every developer needs to make sure they have created and delivered error-free, working software on time. Axosoft helps create steps, schedule delivery, manage releases and accelerate to completion.
We also use Trello a lot. In fact, it is one of the most widely used and best-known project management applications. The structure of Trello is based on the Kanban methodology. All projects are represented by boards that contain lists. Each list has progress cards that you create and that can be moved around using the drag and drop function. The users related to each board can assign the cards to other users. Trello has many useful functions, such as, for example, write comments, add attachments, set expiration dates, create lists, add colour labels, integration with other apps, etc.
We hope that this list of best tools for web developers will be a boon to you if you decide to create a new web solution. Have any questions? Don’t be shy, reach out to us via the contact form. The systemeblog team is ready to share their experience with you anytime.