Boost the speed of your Internet connection and wireless performance; enjoy uninterrupted streaming in HD, network games and other bandwidth-intensive applications in any corner of your home.
Tips for Buying a Good Wifi Router
• Ease to use: Setting up a wireless router can be a daunting task even for the most experienced owner. It is important to buy a router that is easy to set up and use.
• Wide connectivity: If you want to share a printer or data on an external hard drive in your network, you will need a router with USB ports.
• Security: By not protecting your network with a password, you are more vulnerable to hackers or those looking for free Wi-Fi. Experts recommend wireless routers with WPA2 security encryption, the safest available.
• Advanced features: While more expert users may desire the more advanced features available, most routers are complete enough for use in the home and small businesses. For general use, consider compatibility with Quality of Service (QoS), guest network, MIMO or MU-MIMO support, beamforming and parental controls.
• Consistent performance: The performance of a wireless router has three main elements: the speed, the reach and the way it maintains a connection. However, keep in mind that external factors – especially radio interference, can affect performance, sometimes to a large extent.
• We recommend the dual band routers and 802.11ac Wifi technology.
• To know the maximum speed that your router supports, you only have to see the number indicated on the label (example: 300, 2,600, 3,200, 5,300, etc.), although the maximum speed will always be much higher than the actual speed reached.
What are the best wireless router you can buy?
AVM FRITZ! Box 7490
The FRITZ! Box 7490 is an extremely versatile and fast router. It provides a series of advanced features, easy to use. It’s expensive but really worth it and can be a good investment for a company or advanced users who also need all their telephony functions. If you only need good 802.11ac coverage without so many extra features there are cheaper options.
The Asus RT-AC68U is a very fast and high quality model that offers a multitude of advanced configuration options, so it is especially recommended for the most advanced users.
• Transfer speed up to 1900 Mbps
• 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports
• 3 year warranty
TP-Link Archer C7
A respectable wireless performance and a complete list of functions makes the TP-Link Archer C7 a good buy, especially if you do not want to spend a lot of money, since it is one of the cheaper models of the comparison, its price is 106 euros.
• Compatible with 802.11ac
• Gigabit ports for faster transfer speeds
• AC1750 Mbps
The D-Link DIR-880L is a WiFi router very easy to configure and has enough advanced features to meet the needs of the most advanced users. Its wireless performance with 11ac was the best in the test, and is also one of the fastest, also offers excellent value for money.
• Simultaneous dual band wireless connection
• It achieves a speed of 600 Mbps in the band 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps in the band of 5 GHz
Linksys WRT AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Linksys WRT AC1900 is a rugged and reliable router at any signal distance. It stands out for its “Smart Connect” configuration, which automatically configures the router configuration on the fly in order to adapt to all devices (PC, Smartv, mobile, tablet, console, etc.) and achieve optimum speeds.
• Dual-core 1.6 GHz processor
• Get a speed up to 1900 Mbps (AC)
• USB 2.0/3.0 P connection and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
Netgear Nighthawk R7000
The best wireless router in our comparison is the Netgear Nighthawk R7000. Netgear was one of the first companies to launch an 802.11ac wireless router in 2012, the R6300 highly regarded by experts. Today the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 sets the benchmark and is by far the fastest in its class.
• Connections: 2 USB 3.0 ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
• Compatible with Mac
• Software included for backup
• It allows to improve the connection of Xbox, XboxOne, Playstation 3, PlayStation 4 to be able to play online faster and without delays.